Sunday, January 2, 2011

I've really gone and done it!

lovely...

Finally, finally, FINALLY!

I picked a backsplash.


It's the Beveled Arabesque Tiles in White from Mosaic Stone and Tile.

I am still in the market for countertops. Marble is my dream, but I can't say that I'd be able to stomach the imperfections, etching, and staining that are sure are occur, and I am certain that Bran would not be able to deal. Instead, we are going to go with granite. It will likely be mostly white with lots of black movement throughout. I am considering honed, though I have heard it tends to get mucked up with fingerprints, whereas the satin finish largely prevents that. It is going to depend on the precise stone that we get.

It's nice to be making decisions! Granite will likely be installed in the coming month- can't wait!

1 comment:

Mariposa said...

I'm so excited to see the end result! Please post pictures!