Wednesday, December 9, 2009

one foot in front of the other


I am getting way ahead of myself. I'm already trolling the for sale section on Craigslist looking for potential furniture. And when we don't even have walls yet. It seems that I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. But... but... but....

These chairs are really great! I am really surprised over the spectacular condition. The lady who sold them to me said she bought them in 1983 and they have never really been a part of the actually furniture for sitting. They were more for looking at. But mauve velvet really isn't my style, even if they condition of them is fairly pristine.

So what shall I do with them? I am more of a crafty person than a truly inventive or creative one. I'm an idea stealer and combiner... there is an element of creativity to it, but I need that extra push of inspiration to do a project well, and I usually get that from other people's projects. I am obsessed with home decor blogs right now, being that my house is going through a major transformation (I promise, I'll post pictures soon).

I am a huge fan of Apartment Therapy and the whole AT community. I sent in a question about the chair, asking for opinions, and it was posted! Check it out here :) I got tons of great suggestions. I can't wait to start it!

No comments: